Animation question

Started by zooropa, September 04, 2017, 07:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

I am new with KS and I am planning to buy a pro license. I need to do a few animations.
I never experienced that aspect of the software. Please find attached different samples of which movements I am looking to achieve.
Please if you know that my goals are possible (the model is coming from Rhino) I will consider to proceed to buy it.

I just wanted to verify this before investing now, if not I will wait to BF.
If you check one of the animations needs to move through a guide. Is it possible to build elements paths so they move where I want them to move?

Thanks so much.

DriesV

Number 2 and 3 should be possible with a custom pivot object (e.g. a hidden sphere, set as the rotation center. Circular/spherical movements are no problem.
The translations look straightforward.

One limitation with Rhino in general is that it lacks local origins for individual parts. This could make animations more challenging. But it all depends on your actual product structure and design.
MCAD tools like Creo or SOLIDWORKS do not have this limitation.

Dries

zooropa

Thanks for your answer. These are examples. The number 3 will not be an arc. Is it possible to describe a path not originated by a sphere?

Thanks

DriesV

That will currently be difficult to achieve.
KeyShot's current toolset for Part animations is optimized for translations and rotations.

However, we do support importing of animations for a number of file formats. If you build the animations in e.g. Modo, then you can export to Alembic or FBX to get the animated model into KeyShot.

Dries

zooropa

This files are coming from SW. Do you think if they come from SW is possible to make them go through a path ?

Thanks so much.

DriesV

Unfortunately SOLIDWORKS Motion Studies cannot be exported to KeyShot at the moment.

Dries

zooropa

Thanks a lot for the fast reply!