Errors in Keyshot 7 - Fixed, see post five.

Started by MealeaYing, September 02, 2017, 05:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MealeaYing

EDIT:
I fixed part of it, it turned out that one corrupt .exr file, specifically "Panoramictest.16.exr" was corrupt, I was looking for something called "3dconnexion.dll" and variations of that, and there's no such thing (I think).
However, placing the broken materials in the errors below in my second post works fine on objects created by KeyShot, but not on objects coming from ZBrush which is the whole point of haveing KeyShot for Zbrush!
One of the first thing I noticed is that this version of KeyShot for Zbrush does not have a folder full of ZBrush materials, and my theory (now) is that I need them in order for this nonsense to stop.
Some help would be awesome, I'm a little clueless!
-Cheers!

Hi everyone!
I have an odd problem, when I start up KeyShot 7 pro (for ZBrush) I always get error messages like this:
(08:15:36) Failed to load 3d connexion dll
(08:15:37) Exception loading EXR file "C:\Users\Public\Documents\KeyShot 7\Environments\Panoramictest.16.exr"

There are sometimes more, sometimes less, and on top of that I get LOTS of them when loading files, changing materials and so on.
Everything seems to work ok (I think) but something's screwy!
Any ideas?

Oh yah, I forgot system info:
Asus GL753VE Signature Eddition
I7-7700HQ 2.81-3.80Ghz
16GB of ram
And plenty of HD space.
Keyshot is on an SSD drive.

Cheers!
Mealea

MealeaYing

Here's another batch, this time from trying to use a material from the Keyshot Cloud Library called "DS Design 102":

(12:05:31) Failed to load 3d connexion dll
(15:40:36) Object "ZBrush_2_PM3D_Sphere3D_3_7BD4814B" has no texture coordinates
(15:40:36) Object "ZBrush_2_PM3D_Sphere3D_3_7BD4814B" has no texture coordinates
(15:40:38) Object "ZBrush_2_PM3D_Sphere3D_3_7BD4814B" has no texture coordinates
(15:40:38) Object "ZBrush_2_PM3D_Sphere3D_3_7BD4814B" has no texture coordinates

All of these so far are in red, and the materials it happens with dont work.
Its also happening sometimes when I load HDRI backgrounds, even ones I have made myself which is pretty much putting a damper on doing much at the moment.
Something's broken I think.

satrius

I have the same issue. And it all starts with 'fail to load 3dconnexion.dll'.

Need help!!
I have floating licence for Keyshot 7 in the office and tried already on 4 machines and it is always the same.

guest84672

I tested this using ZBrush 4R8 SP2 and a later KeyShot build and it seems to fix the issue. Ping me - thomas at luxion dot com - and I will send you the latest build to test.

MealeaYing

Quote from: satrius on September 06, 2017, 05:50:27 AM
I have the same issue. And it all starts with 'fail to load 3dconnexion.dll'.

Need help!!
I have floating licence for Keyshot 7 in the office and tried already on 4 machines and it is always the same.

I figured it out!
If your problem is the same as mine, its all files you have added to Keyshot that are causing this, they can be anything from materials to hdri files. If so its fixable.
look at the names of the files AFTER the line telling you about "3dconnexion.dll" it should all be directories with file names at the end. Find those in your KeyShot directory, once you find them, move them out of that directory.
If its something other than something you have made, or something you dont know anything about, be careful and maybe contact support.
In my first case it was some stuff I made, HDRI environment files (that had not finished rendering maybe).They were corrupt so I just tossed them in the trash and that was that, one set of errors fixed.
In the second case it was materials that I had tried to download from KeyShots cloud service thing. These apparently didn't download correctly and so they were corrupt as well. I ditched them too and tried downloading them again, this time it worked and the same files that were causing trouble now work fine.
It looks like the cloud hates slow internet connections, and mine is very slow. That might have been part of it, I dont know for sure however but going on a fast network and downloading things again worked great.
So...
Long story short: delete or move the stuff causing the errors, if its stuff you need try again with fresh copies.

I seriously hope this helps, it was a total pain in the ass!

Cheers!
Mealea

MealeaYing

Quote from: thomasteger on September 06, 2017, 11:43:32 AM
I tested this using ZBrush 4R8 SP2 and a later KeyShot build and it seems to fix the issue. Ping me - thomas at luxion dot com - and I will send you the latest build to test.

You sent me that while I was typing!
I got it, and I know what's doing it now.
See my post above.
Also:
THANK YOU!

GRIN!

satrius

Thank you MealeaYing!
Will check it out. Usually, all hdri-s and materials I create go stored on my PC local memory. But the same problem occurs on other PCs even the one that has open K7 for first time.
I am having the IT nerd today to check it out and then we are more likely to get in touch with support team.

Thank you for your PMessage and support.
Greatly appreciated!

:D