Main Menu

Remembrance, 9/11

Started by Speedster, September 11, 2017, 04:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Lest we forget, I post a new rendering every year on this date, and always will...
Bill G

Josh3D

Thanks Bill. Remember indeed.

Will Gibbons

I dig the simplified approach.

Speedster

QuoteI dig the simplified approach.
After fifty years in this business, it's been a slow crawl, but I'm becoming a minimalist. What you don't show, and what you don't say, is what really matters.

One long cylindrical Area Light Diffuse, HDR set at zero.  As "Minimal" as it gets...

Bill G

mattjgerard

Quote from: Speedster on September 13, 2017, 04:52:06 PM
What you don't show, and what you don't say, is what really matters.

Bill G

I shall say nothing then. My wife has been instrumental in teaching met his concept :)

Will Gibbons

Quote from: mattjgerard on September 14, 2017, 04:33:40 AM
Quote from: Speedster on September 13, 2017, 04:52:06 PM
What you don't show, and what you don't say, is what really matters.

Bill G

I shall say nothing then. My wife has been instrumental in teaching met his concept :)

I laughed.

Speedster

QuoteMy wife has been instrumental in teaching met his concept
I laughed also! I keep it hidden and my mouth shut- maybe that's why Geri and I have been married for 48 years!

But there is a deeper meaning.  My mom was a noted professional artist, who also taught art classes for almost 100 students a week.  She used to drive her students nuts with her bits of wisdom.  Like "Paint that which you don't see".  Only a few students got it, and interestingly they went on to distinguished careers in art.

She also said "The secret to success is simple.  Keep your feet on the ground, your head in the clouds, your shoulder to the wheel, your nose to the grindstone and work your fingers to the bone.  Then try to work in that position"!

Bill G