Cutaways and filled section / Boolean system

Started by Arian Shamil, September 12, 2017, 01:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arian Shamil

Hi,
There is any plan to implement a cutaway function?
Cutaways completed of filled section....

Thanks in advance
Arian

Arian Shamil

So, I up this.........need "Boolean cut" to do some animation with KS
:)

Arian Shamil

Up to this function...it would be really nice to have this too....

(always for mechanical animation, without using external software)

CoalHedgehog

Seems to be one of the most requested things in the Wish List section.

+1 from me.  :)

KeyShot

We do have a way of doing it in KeyShot 7.2, but it needs to be extended to add interface boundaries to be truly useful, so we are continuing to work on it. It will happen :-)

Arian Shamil

Yess!!! :)
Can't wait to use it :)
And if it can be animated too.......it would be awesome :)

Vini.longo

Quote from: KeyShot on January 03, 2018, 05:08:46 PM
We do have a way of doing it in KeyShot 7.2, but it needs to be extended to add interface boundaries to be truly useful, so we are continuing to work on it. It will happen :-)

Can you explain me how?

By the way +1 on that request.
Thanks in advance!

Serge Ortmann

Guten Morgen  :)

do you mean something like this?

I created it in KeyShot with the Materialgraph and number fade animation.

KeyShot

The cutaway in v7 is not easily available. In v7 is implemented in several different forms both as a geometric operation and a material operations.

We decided to wait until v8 with cutaways to make sure we had a technique that would support all the features (caps, exclude objects etc.) as well as work with the configurator. It has been implemented now, and we are testing it internally. It will be in v8.

Serge Ortmann

Quote from: KeyShot on May 03, 2018, 10:54:36 PM
The cutaway in v7 is not easily available. In v7 is implemented in several different forms both as a geometric operation and a material operations.

We decided to wait until v8 with cutaways to make sure we had a technique that would support all the features (caps, exclude objects etc.) as well as work with the configurator. It has been implemented now, and we are testing it internally. It will be in v8.

Glad to hear that, as many people already said here, it is a game changing possibility!

I found a quite simple solution, which can be optained in a few minutes.

Here's the download link to a cutaway animation. You can see the properties inside the Material graph of the big box, to maybe understand, how things work out.
https://files.fm/u/xc8kmg3w