Translation animation (incongruence)

Started by zooropa, September 18, 2017, 01:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

Hi . I have been dealing with a simple animation process in KS. Even if I am new in KS I think this should be a little be easier to solve.

This is the thing:
I need to move a cylinder through a guide. Looking the guide from the top view [orthogonal]  the guide is tilted 1.6 degrees. Since I could not rotate my rhino model as I wanted (something related with the locator in rhino to KS) I manage to put a KS cylinder tilted as my guide (1.6 degrees)  and use that cylinder from KS as the pivot of my imported model. IT WORKED. When I move the model goes exactly through the 1.6 degrees tilted slide. The problem is that I need to animate this. When I use the animation wizard, I apply a translation to my model and say that I want it to move 60 ...now the model moves without considering my KS cylinder as the pivot.

Is there anyway to make the animation keeps respecting the pivot chosen for my model ?

Thanks a lot

Bruno

Edit:  In the JPG screenshot you will see that the pivot is tilted as desired and when I move it I manage to slide my model how I want it in respect to the guide. In the video attached you will see what happen when I animate it.

INNEO_MWo

In the translation animation add a vertical move of 1,6752 (60 x 1,6 (sin)) and a horizontal move of 59,9766 (60 x 1,6 (cos))

For details see attached example.

zooropa

Thanks, it was corrected by choosing 'original local' in the animation tab.