returning to my 0 point in rotation animation

Started by zooropa, September 19, 2017, 10:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

Hi. I am trying ti make a loop of a screw moving around an external pivot.

Accordingly to KS my 0 rotational point is 4.0636 in Z axis.
In the first animation I am moving it 5 degrees around the external axis, that goes ok.
In the second animation I am applying a rotation (around the external axis) of -11 degrees. That goes ok.
In the third animation I am returning from the second one to my 0 point, which should be 4.036.
This is applied as a loop. I am getting a 'jump' that shows a discontinuity. My guess was that in order to return from my -11 degrees to my initial point I need to rotate 6.9364 degrees (11-4.036). It is not working. I can not put .XXXX values in the animation, degrees are only allowed wit .XX value. But in my pivot (when not in animation) the value of my initial point is 4.036.

You can check the sample animation here. Please if you can help me I will appreciate it.

Josh3D

Hi Bruno, is this the issue you brought up on the Rhino forum? (Sorry, was looking for the same username.) I've looked at your animation. If I'm not misunderstanding, to return to a zero point, you would simply need to use 6 degrees for your final animation. Regardless of where your actual 0 point is located, that 0 point will be relative to the rotation animations you add. (0+5-11+6=0)

Otherwise, if I am misunderstanding, it may help if you can provide a bip. I've attached one that shows a sphere at a random location with three animations as you have described.

zooropa

Hi Josh! Was the one before this post. Anyways solved, and now this one too with your help. It sounds sound logical when I read you.
I was thinking that my 0 point was the value on my z axis at that moment. I did not think taking 0 as 0 since the value in KS was a number. Glad to keep discovering things and realizing that life sometimes is less complicated that my idea of it hahah

Josh3D