create and animate cutaways

Started by Arian Shamil, September 15, 2017, 09:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arian Shamil

Hi,
I need to create a mechanical animation with an animate cutaway....is it possible to create it?

Thanks

INNEO_MWo

It is possible in a limited way. Can you post any example pics, sequences or description, so we can understand the idea of your project?

Arian Shamil

Esben Oxholm

If only someone (Where did Eric go?) could shine a light on how this has been done: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=13998.0

:-\

INNEO_MWo

The rotational opening of exactly cylindrical parts can be animated (fake section opening) with some simple tricks. But this must be prepared in the model!
The moving section could be very tricky with Eric's solution. (Sadly he didn't respond the PN I sent)

So we have the chance to find a trick / workaround to fake a cut material?!
Or we have to wait for the Boolean cut material.

Arian Shamil

So, at the moment is still not possible to create it inside KS, right?

Thanks again ;)

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: Arian Shamil on September 16, 2017, 05:13:14 AM
So, at the moment is still not possible to create it inside KS, right?
IMHO that is right.

Arian Shamil

:'(

I hope this feature will available soon...very soon
At least for me....it will allow to do some animation which a client is requesting to me...

Josh3D

Some dev work has been done on this so something we're definitely looking at for a future release. Thank you!

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Josh Mings on September 18, 2017, 09:08:00 AM
Some dev work has been done on this so something we're definitely looking at for a future release. Thank you!

Yay, sounds exiting!

Arian Shamil

Quote from: Josh Mings on September 18, 2017, 09:08:00 AM

Thanks to you!
Glad to hear that because it can be a game changing this option ;)
Can't wait to see it
;)