.dwg Import into Keyshot 7

Started by JenniferBurke, September 16, 2017, 09:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JenniferBurke

1. When importing a .dwg from AutoCAD Keyshot 7 is creating another object. Like a phantom object, sometimes a smaller copy of the layout. I have no issues selecting the unneeded object in the scene tab and deleting, but this is very odd, anyone know why it's doing that?
2. When importing a .dwg from AutoCAD Keyshot 7 I receive window or critical errors. is this normal? From what I can tell it's all the 2D layers I have in my AutoCAD .dwg. Should I just uncheck show critical errors? It doesn't seem to have an affect on my rendering. Just curious!

guest84672

Can you please share the model so we can take a look?

Josh3D

Can you provide the file or an example? Is the phantom object another layer or a maybe an xref?

JenniferBurke

Here are the files. The .dwg and .bip.

JenniferBurke

this is the .bip. Look in the scene tab, there is an object on 1, when I scale it up it appears to be a copy of my main models

guest84672

Thanks for sharing. This definitely doesn't look right. I will speak with development about this.

JenniferBurke

Hi, I'm hoping I can get an update on this issue? I'm holding off upgrading our 30+ users to Keyshot 7 because of this issue. Let me know an estimated fix. Thanks so much

guest84672

I just e-mailed you. We are targeting the next update for this fix.

justindustrial

I've experienced a similar issue, where keyshot imports not only the model space, but the drawing space also which ends up creating a smaller version of some of the objects in my scene, seemingly scattered about. I get critical errors like you mentioned when Keyshot can't import referenced files such as images from the drawing space.