Lines of light?

Started by melvinraju, August 03, 2017, 02:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melvinraju

can someone tell me why there are block/lines of light coming down my model.
any fixes?

LayC42

Hello Melvin

Sorry - I have no idea what do you mean and how I can help you.
Perhaps add some marks on your render, so we can see what's wrong?!

Cheers
Marco

Will Gibbons

If I understand correctly, it looks like this is a tessellation issue. Try increasing the tessellation value upon import. You can also try right-clicking on the part and selecting 'edit geometry', then try the edit normals option. Next, click 'calculate normals', then accept the changes and see if it looks better.

mattjgerard

Quote from: Will Gibbons on August 04, 2017, 06:51:58 AM
If I understand correctly, it looks like this is a tessellation issue. Try increasing the tessellation value upon import. You can also try right-clicking on the part and selecting 'edit geometry', then try the edit normals option. Next, click 'calculate normals', then accept the changes and see if it looks better.

The calculate normals trick works most of the time for my imported models. I wish there was a quick and easy way to do that globally instead of part by part, maybe be able to do the operation to a group. That would be fantastic.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: mattjgerard on August 04, 2017, 09:05:43 AM

The calculate normals trick works most of the time for my imported models. I wish there was a quick and easy way to do that globally instead of part by part, maybe be able to do the operation to a group. That would be fantastic.

Me too. It should be able to be done upon import using the import options if I'm not mistaken.

mattjgerard

Quote from: Will Gibbons on August 07, 2017, 07:40:40 AM
Quote from: mattjgerard on August 04, 2017, 09:05:43 AM

Me too. It should be able to be done upon import using the import options if I'm not mistaken.

Aww dang, I'll have to check that out!

melvinraju

hi i cant find an edit geometry button im using keyshot 5.0 pro

richardfunnell

KeyShot 5 does not have the ability to edit geometry, this feature is in KeyShot 6/7.