zbrush to keyshot

Started by corny, September 20, 2017, 07:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corny

I have sent my subtools to Keyshot for texturing and rendering. When I update a mesh in zBrush, and hit BPR to send it back to Keyshot, all of my carefully constructed materials get replaced with the zBrush red clay, and all my Keyshot materials get wiped out! What am I doing wrong? And how can i update the model if i make changes on zbrush??
Please help!

Josh3D

Can you tell us what version of KeyShot and ZBrush you are using?

corny

I using zbrush 4R8 P2 and keyshot 7.1. thank

guest84672

Please contact Pixologic for this. Their team developed the Bridge and intimately familiar with the workflow.

corny

Thank.. i had email to pixologic about the matter.  anyone can help here?
try the step below.. not sure is kepshot problem or zbrush problem.

1. create any model in zbrush and paint in.
2. send to keyshot and make some label.
3. save and close zbrush. (MUST CLOSE THE ZBRUSH)
4. REOPEN the zbrush and open the same model which just now create.
5. send the model to keyshot.
6. all the label done in keyshot is gone.

hope you understand what i mean. thank you

pls help

DriesV

KeyShot relies on the original material name from the modeling application for dealing with materials on model updates.
Unfortunately, Zbrush seems to generate those material names randomly across different Zbrush sessions. So when you send the model to KeyShot after having restarted Zbrush, KeyShot receives a different material ID (even though it is the same model) and assumes (correctly in our Live Linking workflow) that it is a newly assigned material. KeyShot then discards any existing material and Label setups.

I think this is an issue for Pixologic to resolve.
Our integrations with other modeling tools don't have this issue with random material IDs.

Dries

corny

Metin Seven

Thanks for your reply, Dries. I was wondering if there's a workaround regarding this issue. At the moment I save each material I've assigned to the scene in Keyshot, then when I update the scene I manually reapply the materials to each part. But it's a hassle, and I hope this will be fixed soon.

guest84672

Please contact Pixologic for this. They are the developer of the Bridge to KeyShot.

e1two

If you change the default zbridge setting to "group according to material"
zbrush will no longer assign a material id at random but respect the
internal id's according to the list in your material browser panel.  Of course
this will change from setup to setup but if you change your work as a
zpr file it should always work (in theory)

Not 100% sure, but so far this method works, even if you close zbrush
and keyshot and load everything back up from scratch.