ZBrush + Keyshot is AWESOME

Started by rchavez, May 12, 2011, 09:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rchavez

So here are a few sculpts I did when learning ZBrush.
As far as I can tell you CAN"T import your polypainted model into Keyshot.
This is very disappointing but I hope it will be addressed in future upgrades.

rchavez

Here's a couple more

guest84672

Great stuff!! Pictures 45 and 46 are a bit dark. I suggest that you adjust your Gamma setting in the realtime tab to 1.8 - 2.2. This will lighten the dark areas!

Polypainted model - please explain, or better, send me an example. We support obj, and of course any kind of textures that have been applied.

rchavez

Sorry for the late reply Thomas,

So when I export a model from ZBrush I get a few options including .obj and .ma as well as others.

It will then write 2 files one is the .obj and the other is .mtl. I think the .mtl is the file create for the painting
which was done in ZBrush otherwise called polypainting.

When I import it into Keyshot the object comes in black and I have to assign it a material from Keyshot.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

guest84672

The .mtl file contains the reference to the texture. Could it be that it is not finding it? What file format is the painting?

rchavez

I think the painting is the .mtl file.
I tried dragging it into Keyshot which it wouldn't allow and I also tried dragging it into the material folder in keyshot and again nothing.

Have others ZBrush artist tried and achieved this?
If not then it would be something that would really appeal to them.  ZBrush can also render but it's nothing like this app.

guest84672

Can you share an example? That will make it easiest.

feher

Now that is some nice stuff you got going on there.
Keep up the great work !
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

matb

hi
you need to unwrap the model first in zbrush before you start painting it, use uvmaster to do this, loads of tutorials on youtube to learn how to do it.
You then export the model and texture which will automatically appear as a bmp file.
Ignore the mtl file, the main thing is to unwrap the model in zbrush though before you start painting, once you have finished painting click new from polypaint under the texture tab
good luck

rchavez