Password changing on Keyshot Network Rendering 7

Started by pctech429, September 22, 2017, 10:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pctech429

I support a few farms at my company. In the past, In Keyshot Network Rendering 5 and 6, I was able to create standard users, set a generic password, then instruct the user to log in and change their password. Because this app has no AD/LDAP authentication and everyone is a local account, it makes it harder to manage. The company I work for takes their security seriously. Anyways, in the past standard users were able to log in and change their password. Now in 7, I don't see how a standard user can change their password. Giving them access to "Manage users and groups" will allow them to edit their account and pick a new password, however that also allows them to create users and modify other accounts. This was never an issue before 7, I really don't like what they did with 7. I had to recreate all my users because no one thought to include a tool to import/export users from 5/6 to 7.

Maybe I'm doing this all wrong, but this all worked fine before 7. I could give them access to "Manage users and groups" temporarily, then revoke it, but why the change? It all worked fine before, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Gordon

Glad I am not the only one who isn't happy with NR v7.    Misery loves company!   I didn't want to try and manage all those user/passes so I am letting any user connect as guest to the farm, but when doing that the control panel doesn't show any identifying information about the user (which it did in v6), so if something goes wrong, I have no idea who to contact.