light noise/dots

Started by Bernardo Lickfold, September 18, 2017, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernardo Lickfold

Can anyone give me some help?

How can i remove those light dots in my render? maybe more time rendering? it took me 2hrs rendering so i think perhaps that is not the problem

The light is an Area Light Diffuse material

designgestalt

hello Bernardo,
I think it needs more time to cook...
try make an area render (i.e. of the lamp stand)and let it cook for a while and see what it does...
btw: rendertimes without the settings and the specs of your system do not say much ...
cheers
designgestalt

INNEO_MWo

Hello Bernardo.

Designgestalt is right. Let render run for a while. You can use the region to crop the render view port to this bulb area. Then let the KeyShot render it and wait till all dots are gone. You can see the sample rate you need in the heads-up display. Then you can render the entire scene with this value with the max samples mode.

Or use your current settings and render a resolution 1,5 to 2 times larger and shrink the picture in post. Then the dots were merged.

Turn of any effect settings like glow. 'Cause this would increase the representation of dots.

Nice bulb render so far!

Cheers
Marco

Bernardo Lickfold

Thanks for the help guys, i really appreciate it

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: Bernardo Lickfold on September 19, 2017, 01:13:47 AM
Thanks for the help guys, i really appreciate it

And what steps solves your issue?

Please leave a note that other users would find it, if they search.

Thanks!
Marco

Bernardo Lickfold

sorry about that!

I use the region to define the quantity of samples i needed and them i rendered with the max samples mode.

but i also tested rendering with the same settings  like you said but with a higher resolution and shrink in post and it works too!

cjwidd

This webinar is very helpful regarding light materials and troubleshooting artifacts
32:21 - dots artifacts
44:35 - render settings