Main Menu

Make Pattern

Started by cjwidd, October 02, 2017, 03:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjwidd

I completely missed this feature until recently. Amazing, plus displacement(?) Thank you so much!

INNEO_MWo

In which case do you miss the pattern feature? With textures? KS provide this. With parts? Organize them in a group and you can pattern the group linear and radial with some options like scattering.

cjwidd

Haha, I think there has been a misunderstanding. I "missed" this feature in that I did not discover it was available in the interface until just recently. I apologize for the confusion.

mattjgerard

Being a long time Cinema 4D user, I am a HUGE mograph cloner fan and user, and when I found the pattern tool in KS I was so excited! Much more limited, but way easy for making linear LED lighting strips and such, which is a lot of what I do. Love it, and pump it up in future versions!

Will Gibbons

Quote from: mattjgerard on October 03, 2017, 06:54:48 AM
Being a long time Cinema 4D user, I am a HUGE mograph cloner fan and user, and when I found the pattern tool in KS I was so excited! Much more limited, but way easy for making linear LED lighting strips and such, which is a lot of what I do. Love it, and pump it up in future versions!

Pro Tip: Use Model Sets to isolate individual bodies or subassemblies which can then be patterned!