Concrete [Cgaxis texture]

Started by zooropa, September 28, 2017, 02:24:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

Hi. I am doing this project where I imported a bonsai plant from Cgaxis to my furniture scene.

I am quite pleased with the textures, still tweaking some stuff. I am using the plastic material and applying the maps that comes from cgaxis:

-Diffuse + Reflective + Bump

I attached the render of the material, and the textures of diffuse and reflectiveness (used also for roughness).
I am looking something a little bit less flat. I want this kind of concrete that is reflective with contrasting roughness...like polished and
warned in the same model. As you can see I am using the material for the 'pot' of the bonsai. I am not totally pleased, the material looks little bit flat. I would like to peak a little bit of more light and roughness contrasting. I used the 'color to number' utilities node to increase the contrast on the reflective textures applied to 'specular' and 'roughness'.  Still did not find the right outcome.
I will try to use maybe 'metallic paint' for the base material, and maybe apply the map (specular) to the roughness clear coat....

Do you have any experience with this? 

cjwidd

usually helpful to post MatGraph screenshot so we can see exactly what you've done and diagnose this issue

INNEO_MWo

I would play with advanced material instead of a plastic. There are more helpful parameter.
And I guess you can use a colour to number node between the roughness texture and the material to drive the values.

The rest is up to the environment. Little changes in contrast and pins will show less flat reps.

Hope that helps.
Cheers
Marco