Main Menu

Garden Pod

Started by rfollett, September 21, 2017, 07:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfollett

found this Pod online and tried to replicate.. what do you think? How can I get more tree reflections in the door glass?

INNEO_MWo

The environment need an image pin to reflect the warm sky and trees to the glass that has to be refractive as well. Also I would add a plane on the left as an emissiv material with blurry tree silhouette in the colour channel applied for the shadows on the wall.

It is a great point to start!
Good job so far.

rfollett

Thank you..I will try these

This was done before your suggestions - currently looks like it is floating on grass.. how do I add shadow at base/ground? Tried adding a ground plane.. but didnt look much better..

rfollett

here is one with a PNG tree added as you suggested..

Mohammed MOUYH

mattjgerard

Without the grass as geometry it will be difficult to get the bottom of the pod to interact with the grass in the proper way. That can probably be done with some clever photoshop work, but you might just have to model the grass to get the light/shadow interaction with the bottom edges of the unit. In reality the lower edge of the unti would be broken up by blades coming up in front of the lower edge, but you can't get that look with this method. There are grass photoshop brushes you can use to mask off the lower edge, then paint in some grass, or bust up the background plate into layers and get creative!

looking good, like to see the ongoing progress pictures!

Will Gibbons

I'd just use a the photoshop clone stamp tool with a brush that has some jitter to create some 'grass' coming up to the edge of the structure. Or, you could use an opacity map in KS to rough out the bottom edge of the structure.