Need help to create aluzinc material

Started by Dahlgren79, October 02, 2017, 11:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dahlgren79

Any suggestions how I shall create an aluzinc material? Can I use a bump-map for this?

HaroldL

You can apply a Camouflage bump texture then adjust the colors to match one of your images, you can use the color picker to select them. There may be a material on the Cloud that you can down load too.

NM-92

Quote from: HaroldL on October 02, 2017, 04:17:57 PM
You can apply a Camouflage bump texture then adjust the colors to match one of your images, you can use the color picker to select them. There may be a material on the Cloud that you can down load too.

Agree. But also, you'll want to use that same texture, uncheck the "sync" option, and apply different grayscale values to play with the roughness, so each different colour will have a different roughness value. This will help to create the effect of the material.

Edit: Added a really quick test of this.

INNEO_MWo

I added exactly this material in the cloud. Using camouflage and cell textures to drive the colours, roughness and bumps.
But it would help to build it by your own, to understand the material graph. Advanced users like Nico will need less then 5 minutes for this solution, I guess.

Hope that helps
Cheers
Marco

Will Gibbons

Don't forget the Specular channel... use the camo to drive diffuse and specular...