Plastic Inhaler

Started by NM-92, October 02, 2017, 07:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

Hey there ! My little brother had to use this thing last week and it was laying around in my house, so i thought it was the perfect chance to show plastics ! I modeled it in Solidworks and tried to show all the new materials (metallic paint, metal, cloudy plastic). Metal part is a simple brushed material with a zinc colour preset. Main body is a cloudy plastic with a roughness texture applied. That one was really difficult to tweak. The transparent cap variation was just a cloudy plastic with zero roughness. Background was achieved by applying a gradient texture on a plane with a Flat Material. I've never tried that before, and it gives pretty solid results.

Label was created in CorelDraw and applied with the cylindrical mapping method.
Hope i was clear enough, good luck to everyone people  ;D !

P.S: High resolution images, so download if you can !

cjwidd

Thanks for the detailed description, very useful. Great work as usual!

Despot

Beautiful stuff, best so far IMHO. Love how you've modelled the label and the refraction effects through the cloudy plastic to the text below is cool

guest87362

Bernardo Lickfold

JimmyToTheBe

Looking good. Certainly raised the bar for the rest of us.

Josh3D

NM-92

Thanks for all the kind comments ! I'm really glad you liked it. I'll try to post another submission soon.

Hossein Alfideh

I've already said what should have been said.well done nico!

Will Gibbons

Great work Nico! Love this. Well-done.

NM-92

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on October 04, 2017, 04:59:14 PM
I've already said what should have been said.well done nico!

Quote from: Will Gibbons on October 05, 2017, 07:44:30 AM
Great work Nico! Love this. Well-done.

Thanks guys !

alexanderkaula

This is so nice! Loving the clarity of the whole setup as well as the cloudy plastic!

NM-92

Quote from: alexanderkaula on October 21, 2017, 04:26:58 AM
This is so nice! Loving the clarity of the whole setup as well as the cloudy plastic!

Thank you Alexander.