Saving Materials...

Started by jarane, May 19, 2011, 11:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarane

Hi everyone, newbie here.
I created  a liquid material based on the water KS comes with and added a bump map. Then I saved it by clicking on "Save Material Library".
As long as I have the project open everything is fine; I can access the material I just created.

The moment I quit KS and relaunch it the material I just created cannot be found.
I tried a couple of times with the same result.

Am I doing something wrong?
How can I create materials and be able to access them later on?

Thanks in advance,
G.

Speedster

We've all done that!  Once!  Just right click on your material (in the model) and choose "add material to library" and select your choice from the drop down material library tabs.  You can also rename it.  Then you can "save material library", or it will (I believe) save automatically when you close down.
Bill G

jarane

Hi Speedster,
thanks for your reply.

I just tried your suggestion step-by-step with no luck.
Then I tried clicking on every "Save" option I found on KS with the same results.

I'll keep trying,
G.

guest84672

Make sure you have write permissions to the material folder.

elliasp

Hello guys,

I have the same problem to save my own materials. I tried every possibilities, to allow acces to all of my folders (I'm on MAC) and I tried many ways, even create an external folder to save my materials. Unfortunatly,
it's impossible to save a material in an other part of the computer, I don't know what to do and I can't loose time like this, my clients are too important for me to loose time with this basic mistake of programing !

I'm a new customer and I though the problem was about the test version, not the (expensive) pro one !

There is a lot of things to learn when you begin with a new software, but the basics as "saving something" (scene, material...) should be resolved since the begining...

So, please, help me...  :'(

guest84672

You can't save with the demo version. I know that this can be confusing when it comes to materials because it leads you to believe that it actually saved them.

elliasp

Thank you for your answer.

In fact I just bought the pro version, so it's why I wondering how to save materials.

But I found the answer here :

http://www.keyshot.com/keyshot/saving_materials.html

Thank you for your answer anyway ;-)

+++