Real time view freezes up with Space Navigator

Started by HaroldL, October 03, 2017, 06:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaroldL

I've turned in tickets for this already but thought I'd ask if anyone else is having this problem. I am on v7.1 but the issue started with v7 - when I move or rotate a model in the real time view it will freeze momentarily and then when it releases it seems to jump to the position I was aiming for in the first place.

I first noticed this on my HP laptop and Windows 10 at home but then I saw it today at work running v7 on a Dell workstation running Windows 7.

So, has anyone else had this experience?

Eric Summers

I never thought about it before, but I'm experiencing the same thing. There is a slight lag between movement input and KeyShot responding. I'm using a SpaceMouse Pro running 3DxWare 10.4.2 on Windows 7 Pro.

However, if I am in Performance Mode that delay goes away. That's probably why I've never noticed it before; I usually am in Performance Mode when I'm moving a model around.

I have Dynamic Performance Mode enabled, but it doesn't seem like it activates when using a 3D mouse.

HaroldL

I realize this is an old post but I am still having the problem of the realtime view sticking when moved/rotated with my SpaceNavigator. Don't recall getting an answer for it from support, but thought I'd repost here in case anyone else is having the same problem.
(It is kind of annoying. >:( )

mattjgerard

I've been thinking of digging out my Space mouse knob and seeing if it useful in KS. I tried it in Cinema 4D and was more time consuming than just using the mouse. I'll dig it out and have a go at it. might be worth it.

Will Gibbons