white contour on my layers

Started by zooropa, October 04, 2017, 10:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

Hi. I am doing post of a render. I am quite happy with having all my elements divided in different layers.
I would like to know how can i get rid of the 'transparent' line between some layers. It looks white, but is actually transparent I believe.

mattjgerard

defringe filter in photoshop? I think its under Layer->Matting-> Defringe

zooropa

Quote from: mattjgerard on October 04, 2017, 12:36:30 PM
defringe filter in photoshop? I think its under Layer->Matting-> Defringe

Unfortunately this is in case having 'extra pixels' on the layer. I am going through a different 'anomaly': my layers are all having a gap between them, meaning there is no information (PS checker). If I defringe I do not get the 'space' filled.

Thanks

Robb63

If I setup my "render to layers" to output/render into one PSD file, it always gives me a bottom image (in the layer stack) of the whole scene fully rendered, with the individual layers above that. I find if I keep that bottom layer visible then I can still adjust the individual layers above it without worrying about that 1 pixel wide outline.

Not sure if that is helpful in your situation?

zooropa

Quote from: Robb63 on October 05, 2017, 05:32:12 AM
If I setup my "render to layers" to output/render into one PSD file, it always gives me a bottom image (in the layer stack) of the whole scene fully rendered, with the individual layers above that. I find if I keep that bottom layer visible then I can still adjust the individual layers above it without worrying about that 1 pixel wide outline.

Not sure if that is helpful in your situation?

GENIUS, thanks thanks thanks

Robb63