Uv-mapping and live linking

Started by martinwahlberg, October 05, 2017, 08:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martinwahlberg

I know materials are retained via live linking. But how is uv-mapping for labels handled?
I noticed after I did some detailed uv-mapping for labels on a model that when I went back to Sketchup and moved some geometry labels were completely off when I later updated it via the plugin-button.
I used both planar and cylindrical uv-mapping for different parts of the model if that matters for some reason.

martinwahlberg

I mean, I know I can move geometry within Keyshot of course. Just wanted to know if that is by design or if I did something wrong.

guest84672

Did you center the label by model or by part? Most likely it is centered by model based on what you are describing. Switch to "centered by part" and it will be fine.

martinwahlberg

Thanks for the input Thomas. I only used center on part which I thought would keep uv-mapping for the different parts regardless of if and how I moved parts later. I did some more testing today and I can't seem to reproduce it which is good I suppose but it still annoys me. Will do some more testing.

guest84672

ok let us know. If anything looks out of whack, ping us. With an example, please!