Jagged edges when importing through the F360-plugin

Started by Blacktip, October 05, 2017, 11:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blacktip

Around mid-august I got a PM from Josh Mings telling me that Luxion have a new developer that is "on the issue", and that "things are getting investigated". Let's hope that the issues gets sorted out.

PerFotoVDB

Hi

I really hope this gets fixed. I liked the idea of having a live link from 360 to keyshot.
Unfortunately, we had to stop our internal testing to build a workflow around this.

I still have a few ideas about how the live link could be improved.

Kind regards
Per

Greg_R

I saw that in the Keyshot 8.2 udpate, they listed improved fusion 360 importing.  Does anyone know what exactly this means?  I tried the direct import again with 8.2 and still have the same problems. 

Blacktip

Yeah, me too was hoping for a fixed F360-workflow but nope; nothing has been improved. Still jaggy and so on. The thing I *think* was fixed was to have hidden objects inside F360 to not be imported inside KeyShot (when importing as a .step)

Anyone from Luxion care to comment on this?

Greg_R

I haven't had an issue with hidden objects coming over when importing a step.  For me everything does show up when I use the plugin, whether it is hidden or not.

mcramblet

I was also hoping that this new version of the plug-in would actually work. I haven't played around with testing when it comes to quality, because there isn't any control over axis orientation. I model with the Z axis up, so every model comes in with the wrong orientation. If I move the model to correct this, and use the live-linking, the orientation also updates with the model, turning back the wrong direction. Disappointing.