Volkswagen Karmann Ghia

Started by DaStig, September 21, 2017, 12:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaStig

Any thoughts on this Karmann? Render made in KeyShot 5, with some editing in Gimp to create the vintage, misty feel.

Model is from Assetto Corsa, tires and rims are taken from Grabcad ( https://grabcad.com/library/78-beetle-wheel-assembly )

mattjgerard

love these older machines, and I love GrabCad. Saved me tons of time over the past 9 months.

My next side project is to create one of these as a rat-rod. will push the whole "worn paint" technique to the max!

Josh3D

Yep, nice feel. Really like the color.

jhiker

Wow! There's not a lot of ground clearance there!
And the rear wheels - are they massively toed-in?
It's a great image.

DaStig

Thanx for the comments ... much appreciated ... more renders of the model will be made in the next couple of days. My computer isn't that fast when it comes to actual rendering  :-\ :-\ :'( :'(

Model in the render is based on this photo, also stanced and with toed-in rear wheels.

Will Gibbons

I love your automotive renderings. The only troubling thing is how low the body looks. I couldn't imagine somebody spending that much money on a car, and then allowing it to scrape on the ground. Just would be a tad bit more believable if it were a bit higher.

DaStig

Thanx Will for your comment. You're right about the ride hide on this Ghia.

Speedster

I've seen many slammed this low, both Ghia's and Bugs, even a few busses. A guy in our car club has a '68 Bug, 160 HP, and it rides on an air bag suspension, more commonly used on the famous "low-rider's". Pump it up for the road, and slam it for show. And no, he doesn't "dance" it!   I'll stick to stock ride height on my '71 Super Beetle! 

Cool rendering, BTW!  Where did you get the model?  I've been working on one in SolidWorks for several years now, and I must say, they are nasty! Doubt that I will finish it!

Bill G

rembem

Nice render! Maybe the car is a bit low ......

DaStig

Quote from: Speedster on October 05, 2017, 01:18:05 PMCool rendering, BTW!  Where did you get the model?  I've been working on one in SolidWorks for several years now, and I must say, they are nasty! Doubt that I will finish it!
@Bill,
I got the model from a game mod for the game Assetto Corsa. I converted the ingame 3D-model to an .obj-model, which can be imported in any 3D software for editing.
Link to model >> http://depositfiles.com/files/eh7fwc7yl