why keyshot7 can not connected to HDR lightstudio?

Started by lloyed, August 08, 2017, 05:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyed

I have already installed HDR lightstudio on my computer ,but i can not find the any plugins when i opened keyshot7 . the plugins form is empty.
is there any way to make this two solftware connected?
by the way i can successfully connected these two solftware in keyshot6.3.23
thank you!

DriesV

Support for HDR Light Studio has been permanently terminated.
You can use the built-in HDRI Editor instead.

Dries

lloyed

:-[  why?  HDR lightstudio is better and powerful than keyshot HDR editer.

DriesV

What tools are you missing from HDR Light Studio?
Can you show some examples?

Dries

lloyed

1. HLS  can save HDR  EXR  file  but keyshot can only save .HDZ file.
2. HLS contains more kinds of lights which look from the real studio
3 HLS contains mode type of light  HEX lights,gradients lights, sun shade lights etc.
4.The GUI fuction of the lights list is convvenienct than keyshot.

DriesV

@1 KeyShot 7 can export as hdz, hdr and exr.
@2 You can use any image (including EXR) as an Image Pin in the HDRI Editor
@3 KeyShot 7 also has gradient Pins. Hex lights can be simulated using an Image Pin. You can use a Pin with negative brightness to get the same effect as SunShade in HDRLS.
@4 The HDRI Editor has been completely integrated in the Environment tab in KeyShot 7, with much improved workflow speed and overview. Are we missing something?

Please review our What's New page and documentation to learn about the improvements to the HDRI Editor in KeyShot 7.
https://www.keyshot.com/features/whats-new/

Dries

Speedster

I have used HDR Lightstudio over many years.  But to be honest, the new HDR Editor in KeyShot 7 is as good or better, especially as it's fully integrated into KeyShot.  Realtime update without a separate window, etc.  In many ways it fits the KeyShot workflow seamlessly.  Additionally, I almost always use physical lighting as the primaries now, and the IES choices in KeyShot 7 are superb examples.  My HDR Environments now often serve as the fill light, so to speak.
Bill G

designgestalt

Hey DriesV,
this is already a few weeks back, but
I would have to add two things here to my all-time-favorite-wish-list :

1) I would appreciate to literally "paint" a light  on the area where I need it and the editor creates the light automatically!
2) I would like to link certain lights to certain parts of my model, to just pimp those particular parts ! (I know, there is a workaround with scenesets, but it is not very efficient, as it takes forever to set up)

;)
designgestalt

guest84672

@1. That works already in the HDRI editor. Use the "set highlight" function when placing a pin.
@2. Noted.

designgestalt

I know about the feature, where you can click on your model and place the lightsource there.
this is already very helpful, no doubt.
but than you still have to adjust the shape, intensity... all the parameters, that you need to define the lightsource.
and maybe you don't get the result you are really after.
it would just be nice, to "paint" the light in color and shape and intensity onto your model and KS calculates backwards the kind of lightsource you need to get to that result!
I may have to add, I am a product designer, I draw, sketch and paint for my entire life . I do this kind of retouch often enough in PS, simply because the lights do not behave the way I want them to behave in KS.
this is not for general lighting, but to pop up some edges and details.
cheers
designgestalt

guest84672