Texture scales of KS6 projects are changed, when opening in KS7

Started by designgestalt, October 12, 2017, 04:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

designgestalt

hello everybody,
now, that I have manually re-linked the textures of my old KS6 projects (pain in the butt !!!) , I came across another problem:

in some of the projects, the textures are scaled down a factor 10  !
so I have to  re-open the materials and re-scale the textures.
funnily I do not have this in all the old files, even though I sometimes shared the textures across.
and I do not even have it with all the textures in one file, some of them are scaled, some come in nicely !
anyone any idea...

in the meantime I spent a decent amount of (unpaid) hours to migrate from one version to the next.
we are about to render images for a client for the new model year and I have to check more than 1600 models if all the textures are re-linked and are in the right scale.
you guys should have much more focus on this in the future !!
and I do not think, that we are the only ones, who ran into that problem:
i.e.
https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=20023.0;topicseen

in my eyes a decent migration from one version to the next should be a hygienic factor and not on the wish list for future versions.
the migration should also not be the debt of the user (isn't there a possibility to write a script or something for this??)

sorry If I come off a bit rude here, but to my problems, I have not heard anything back yet from Keyshot:
i.e.
https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=19981.0

you should see, that we guys out here try to earn some money with your program and have deadlines to meet and cannot spent days in checking if older projects run smoothly in the new version !
it is not only about making some fancy car pictures and see-through plastics ...
(now, that was mean   ;)   )

I am not as upset as it may sound, but I would desperately need some support here !!

regards
designgestalt

Niko Planke

Hello designgestalt,

I am sorry for  the bad experience you had.
The Labels should remain in the same Scale  when changing to KeyShot 7.
Would you be able to provide one of the original KeyShot 6 files as a KSP for us to get a better impression of the issue.
Also may i ask what exact process you used when re-linking the textures?

Since this could end up requiring advanced troubleshooting steps i suggest you contact us at Support@luxion.com for us to be able to  provide better support.

designgestalt

hello Niko,
thank you for the quick response.
I described part of my problems with textures here:
https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=19981.0

I went to the option menu and attached the paths under links (see attached picture)
I would have to sent the .ksp via email, the only file I currently have is of a model that is not yet released and highly confidential!
I cannot tell, which projects show the problem and why, so I cannot provoke the problem ...