Keyshot 7 Render Competition - Sennheiser Momentum Headphones

Started by JonWelch, October 11, 2017, 12:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonWelch

Another submission for this competition, This time using the metallic paint and new metals. For starters, I loved the new metal presets, I used Iron here in this render on the spun metal. And then I used metallic paint for the housing of these headphones, I definitely enjoy the ability to make different types of sheens with the new clear coat colors. Also, I'm not sure how new it is, but I used the Velvet material for the first time with this render, using some custom maps to simulate felt. The velvet material was really interesting to work with.

I modeled these headphones using Solidworks 2017, it's been a few years since I modeled/rendered headphones so it was nice to get back into.

The final render is attached as well as the stock render. I laid in a background I created first so it would blend better in the rendering. Then did some minor color/light/effect adjustments in Photoshop afterwards.

Good luck to everyone

cjwidd

That velvet is gorgeous, would love to see that matgraph / texture at some point

Esben Oxholm

Josh3D

I want to put those on my ears. now. haha. Beautiful, Jon, just beautiful.

Will Gibbons

JonWelch

Thanks for the kind comments guys. Decided to do one last shot today before the competition is over, might have to upgrade to KS7 because of all the new features.