Suede Leather / Alcantara

Started by Bernhard, October 18, 2017, 10:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

Hi,

I am completely new to Keyshot. I managed to tweak existing textures to my needs, but I am failing completely with Suede Leather / Alcantara.
All I found was some Alcanara like fabric, scaled in the size for room interiors. I need the Suede Leather more in the scale and use for a purse or gloves.

Can somebody help me a bit or guide me into the right direction ? Also Material download tips are welcome.

Cheers
Bernhard

Bernhard

I found some download texture that gets close to it.

cullumbespoke

Hi Bernhard - I'd be really interested to see your results - and know how to find these textures

Best from the UK
Pete

Robb63

I happen to have an Alcantara phone case on my desk at the moment, and came up with this texture to represent Alcantara in some renderings I am working on.
It could be a bit coarser, but for how I'm using it, it comes across as very real.

I've attached the ksp, feel free to tweak at will. Please share back if you get a better result.

mattjgerard

looks great, and the tough part of rendering stuff in white-world, is that these sort of textures will always look more real when dropped on a surface, on a table or something like that.

Robb63

Thanks.
Agree, seeing these in situ makes a big difference. for the work I'm doing we are applying the material to something much larger than a phone case, so the rougher texture isn't as noticeable once the camera is pulled back, and the suede looking hand marks make the difference.

The real Alcantara texture on the case sample shown on the wooden desk looks much rougher in the photo than it does in real life.
Also, I received five different color swatches from the same vendor, and the colors all have very different levels of roughness.

Will Gibbons

Nice work Rob! I like that material.

fario