Animation Settings for Export

Started by de49192, October 18, 2017, 09:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

de49192

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had any advice on Rendering out HD animations.  Right now I have my sample rate at 256 and 30fps and the render time is quite long and will be using a Farm - (Roughly 4 Hours for a 8 Second Clip.)  Was thinking about dropping samples down to 100 and going to 24fps.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Robb63

I render out animations for use on TV from Keyshot pretty regularly. If these are going to be HD quality you will need to keep the clip at 30fps.
What resolution are you using? I typically render out at 1920 x 1080 (Full HD), but if you just want standard HD you could use 1280 x 720 to decrease render times.

Regarding samples, I always set my samples to 128, and have great results.

One thing I found that helps, is if there is a pause in the animation. I don't render the paused frames. I the animation is still for 1 second, that is thirty identical renderings you are creating. Even at one minute per render, that's a half an hour on a farm or your computer.
I compile everything in After Effects, so if there is a pause, I just import that paused frame and use the non animated frame to control how long the pause is.

guest84672

When you talk about "sample rate", I assume you mean Maximum Samples?

To determine how many samples you need, I suggest you render a single frame of your animation that seems most complex, i.e. most shadowing, refractions etc. See what amount of samples gives you the desired result. That is the amount of samples you then apply to your entire animation.