Black shadows and reflection rendering when processing large queue from studios.

Started by Beth M, October 22, 2017, 09:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beth M

I have the lucky task of creating renders for a set of pendants that has 63 variations, 2 lengths, 4 metals and 2 views.  4 of these pendants have gemstones, 13 different colors.  There are close to 2000 renders that need to be done.  The introduction of studios has helped the workflow,  (it would save me SO much time if I could select all the studios and make one change of a multi-material, but I digress...) 

The big issue is that when I set up a render queue of 52+ renders using studios, half the time the renders have black shadows and the gemstones are all black.  I restart keyshot and that works half the time, I restart my computer and that works half the time but running a large render queue is like Russian Roulette and I have lost so much time and so many batches of renders to this apparent bug.  Does anyone else have this issue?  Am I doing something wrong?

Beth M

Here are my stats:

Platform / OS = Windows 10 Version 1703
KeyShot version = KeyShot 7.1
Plugin version = none
Modeling system, including version = Rhino 5
Steps to take to reproduce the problem = add to queue a studios worth (2 views, 13 variations) of renders. 50% of the time it happens.
.bip file sent to support@luxion.com