10 days into animation render and machine crashed -- can I recover anything?

Started by Lenio, October 29, 2017, 02:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lenio

I'm hoping that the mp4 data was saved somewhere and I'll be able to keep what was partially rendered -- I'm on a Mac with Keyshot 7 Pro installed...

Esben Oxholm

ace cool

As Esben mentioned and what I know keyshot do is that first it will render all frames individually stored in a folder which is your output folder then it compiles all of them using an encoding script.

check if you have frames available then you can bind them manually as well.

Lenio

Thank you for replying -- unfortunately, no, I did not save the frames with the animation at the start. I assumed it might add rendering time. Dumb move on my part. Besides the animation and rendering folders, does Keyshot write data anywhere? I know that Adobe software tends to write temp files for any of its video/animation apps, but in the case of Keyshot I can't seem to find anything...

Will Gibbons

Quote from: Lenio on October 30, 2017, 02:00:22 AM
Thank you for replying -- unfortunately, no, I did not save the frames with the animation at the start. I assumed it might add rendering time. Dumb move on my part. Besides the animation and rendering folders, does Keyshot write data anywhere? I know that Adobe software tends to write temp files for any of its video/animation apps, but in the case of Keyshot I can't seem to find anything...

Unfortunately, you're out of luck here. I always render frames, then just compile them manually myself. Hard lesson learned I guess. Sorry to hear this happened!

INNEO_MWo

There should be frames in the animation folder. Cause KS will delete them after merging the video file, if the checkbox for frames isn't checked.

Hope you'll find them.

And the tip  from Will is right. Render animations always with frames. You can delete them manually.