Keyshot 3 with Animation?

Started by br3ttman, May 28, 2011, 10:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stef

great!!! im using and teaching rhino, and if KS3 can help with the animation i can avoid to export to cinema 4d for complex animation... i hope in the next future will be possible to add or changed materials even to elements exported in the some layer. this i find bad about KS. hope the layer property can be more flexible, without the encessity to import and re-import single elements. ;D

stef

dear people from Keyshot...i hope u can make sure that ur animation tools can read and import animation from Daz 3d. it will be possible do amazing animation then thanks in advance

guest84672

guest84672

Quote from: stef on August 05, 2011, 05:58:25 AM
great!!! im using and teaching rhino, and if KS3 can help with the animation i can avoid to export to cinema 4d for complex animation... i hope in the next future will be possible to add or changed materials even to elements exported in the some layer. this i find bad about KS. hope the layer property can be more flexible, without the encessity to import and re-import single elements. ;D

I am not sure what you mean. Please explain.

stef

sorry but english is not my first language, there4 you do not get what i mean...
daz 3d can be imported characters perfectly with texture in keyshot, while in other programs need to reapply all textures. daz 3d is good and easy to create animations. lets said that i want an animation in Ks: where i have imported in KS a motorbike (im product and vehicle designer) and i would like to import in the Ks scene three "people" (mechanics) that walk around the bike. i would love to import the rigging and ANIMATION done in daz 3d tools  puppeteers - so if i do the animation in daz 3d of this 3 guys walking around  the bike and then export the animation in Ks, I WILL OBTAIN:
my motorbike place in a Ks beauty environment with fantastic materials and easy labelling
3 mechanics previously animated n daz3d and able to walk around the scene and the bike. this will allow me to create another new animation in Ks with maybe some of the motorbike marts animated directly in ks this time. so i will obtain a nice video for my client or my website.

hope this part is clear...
as i guess Ks animation tool want be ready jet for rigging..(maybe not even the target) but the possibility to import rigged parts would be lovely.
even in product design maybe u need to create an animation of an hand interacting with different parts of an object or even in architecture animation with people walking around...so maybe Ks can be good to move and animate objects bits, but not in animate hands,people etc...(yet). so if at list can interact and be flexible to import file from daz. would be great.

about the layers:
when i import a motorbike for example modelled in rhino or others i usually got 3 or 4 main layers with inside many leyers:
1 front bike
2 engine metal parts
3 accessories parts
4 rear part
each of this main layer has inside many sub-layers
the problem is: when i import all of it in Ks it come in as one object and it is impossible to unlink or apply two different materials to two different objects in the some layer.

to be empiric: if i have a layer call front  as soon as i apply a materials to this layer "front" all object inside will take that material assigned without the possibility to change it even slightly to the single elements inside.
as Ks has a better preview of an object sometime you realised things whe u see the product "for real" in Ks - compare with native rhinoceros shading or rendering.

you are not able to change "on spot" a colour part of an object in Ks. if i have six rims in a layer i can not decide to change directly in Ks their colours..maybe have some of them slightly darker to compensate lights, or make all 6 of them  different based on my need and sensation/client requirements

i guess Ks need to improve on this part and let more flexibility instead we loosing time 8Ks is beauty because is fast!). should avoid to make people go back and forwards between Ks and modelling program 20 times. unlink the materials to different objects plased even on the some layers would be nice. some thing for the freedom to "move" objects, example wheels of a car, or opening doors...without import them as separate scene.
hope im clear now...instead im sorry, i will try to simplify  more my concept in an acceptable english. :P thanks for ur time anyway and thanks for creating Ks;)