Camera shift on save

Started by Clausj, October 23, 2017, 06:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clausj

Some new feature is causing the camera view to change when I save a file, reverting all the changes I made during the session. The camera is not locked.

I faintly remember a dialog asking me about something after upgrading to V7 but I can't find out what kind of feature this is and what it's helping me with. Hope somebody can advice.

Claus

guest84672

We have fixed an issue related to saved cameras in the latest update. Please update to KeyShot 7.1.51 and let us know if this fixes the issue. If it doesn't please report the issue to support@luxion.com.

Clausj

Hi Thomas,

I'm already on the latest version. Just confirmed that if I'm changing a custom camera, anything else that the free camera, and hitting save, then the view reverts to the last saved state and overrides the changes.

guest84672

Hitting save as in saving the camera or saving the scene?

Clausj

Quote from: thomasteger on October 24, 2017, 11:38:04 AM
Hitting save as in saving the camera or saving the scene?

Saving the file (scene i guess), cmd+s.

Claus

guest84672

There is a prompt when the camera has changed, asking you to save the changes. Are you getting this prompt?

Clausj

No, don't get that. Maybe once and after dismissing it never comes back.

guest84672

In 7.2 you can restore all default settings. For now you may want to just delete the KS7settings.xml file in your resources in order to get the prompt back. KeyShot will create a new .xml file upon restart.

Clausj

Still a bit of confusion, I checked the don't show again and hit the save button to save the camera changes. After that the dialog never comes back and following camera changes are not saved.

If I don't check the don't show again box it works as expected.