Downloading from Keyshot cloud

Started by CarlosFerreira, November 02, 2017, 11:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarlosFerreira

Hey everyone.

I'm having issues downloading from the Keyshot cloud library. I've tried doing this both at home and at work. At home, I'm using an iMac 2015. AT work I'm using a Mac Pro early 2009. I keep getting the same error.

guest84672

This looks like a permissions issue to me. Can you check?

CarlosFerreira

Sorry, at the risk of sounding like an idiot lol. I know know how to check that. Currently working on my personal computer but I don't have any crazy firewall set up.

guest84672

One Mac OS X, the content is located in "/Library/Application Support/KeyShot7, as indicated in the error messages. Can you check and make sure that you have write permissions to the folders, and all sub-folders inside of that folder.

CarlosFerreira

wow, don't I feel like a moron. That helped lol. Thank you so much. This was driving me crazy.

CarlosFerreira

Spoke too soon. Helped with some materials but I'm still having issues. It seems to be referencing KeyShot 5 but I don't have KeyShot 5 on my machine. Is it simply an old material that can't be used in KeyShot 7? I'm also having issues downloading materials from other sites.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: CarlosFerreira on November 07, 2017, 05:15:11 AM
Spoke too soon. Helped with some materials but I'm still having issues. It seems to be referencing KeyShot 5 but I don't have KeyShot 5 on my machine. Is it simply an old material that can't be used in KeyShot 7? I'm also having issues downloading materials from other sites.

My guess is that you have some old textures in your KeyShot library and it's looking for them. Since you're running KS7, it's only looking in the KS7 directory. So, if it's seeking a directory or file that no longer exists in the place KeyShot 7 is looking for it, that would be the cause for error. If you open up an old project that had a texture that's no longer available where KeyShot's looking for it, that could also cause the error.

guest84672

To add to Will's comment:

KeyShot 5 materials are definitely supported in KeyShot 7. Yet here it appears that these textures are missing. Did you receive the scene from somebody else? If so, please make sure that they send you a package file (.ksp) which contains all textures, labels, HDRIs and backplates.

Esben Oxholm

A student of mine experienced the exact same error message (as shown above) today by using a downloaded texture from the KeyShot Cloud. The specific one was 'Alien Skin'. I just tried but was not able to reproduce it. The student was running a trial version of KS7. Could that impact something?

CarlosFerreira

Thank you all
Currently, materials from the cloud work fine. I've contacted the authors of the materials that I wanted to see if maybe they can send me the .KSP file. I guess it's just a matter of ppl updating their materials in KeyShot 7 before sharing them outside of the cloud. This was helpful thanks again.