Dielectric materials from v6 seem to suffer KeyShot migration to v7

Started by DetroitVinylRob, November 10, 2017, 12:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DetroitVinylRob

My custom dielectric materials that were created in KeyShot v6 have now turned opaque black migrated into v7. With the addition of the "transparency distance" control it appears the dielectric material, which also allowed (the very important) Abbe setting, now leaves me with a real dilemma...

Material sample balls display oddly as well. They appear to have a herringbone style pattern in the background behind them now and have changed from v6 to v7 in appearance.

So, if different CAD models has varying thicknesses and use the same dielectric material, it looks like we will have to customize the material each and every time we use it based on actual (what a drag). If a single model has varying thickness, it looks like a NO GO.

Has anyone found a work around, or did I really miss something here?

KeyShot

This should not be the case. The dielectric material should look exactly the same. I am not sure what you mean by transparency index? If you can share your materials with support (or perhaps send it to beta@luxion.com) then we can take a look at it.

DetroitVinylRob

My apologies, "transparency distance" not index.

Materials created in v6 are also appearing different in the real time render window of v7 then in the material samples. They look close to accurate in the samples and look very dark in the real time render window.

And if someone would be so kind, I have read Richard Funnell's comment on "How to Adjust Color Density on Transparent Materials in KeyShot" at ( https://blog.keyshot.com/2016/how-to-adjust-color-density-on-transparent-materials-in-keyshot ) and after experimenting with what I could understand of his explanation it appears that Glass (Solid), Dielectric, and Liquid materials must have their true physical material thickness assigned to the "transparency distance" otherwise they do not appear accurately. This would mean then that every one of these materials has to be custom adjusted to each unique piece of CAD model data. Can  anyone confirm this idea?

I will forward some of my custom (and problem-some) materials to Luxion for evaluation. Thank you.