jewelery design / set material colour problem

Started by ramizramo, November 19, 2017, 01:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramizramo

Hello My Friends, I am jewelery designer and  using matrix around 11 years. I am new in KeyShot and I hope, I can take answer for a problem what I am living now.

I set the colors of my model in different colors on the Matrix. But when I import the model to KeyShot, I could not give 2 different colour to my model. But I arranged it on matrix as 2 different layer.

For example I want to make stone part "rose gold colour" , the other part " yellow" .

What is the problem? How can I solve this? I added to photos also

If you can help me, I will be thankfull you.

Thank you for your helps.

- Attachments and other options

INNEO_MWo

Hi. To split the objects use the geometry editor (pro licence). Or use different object colours in your modelling tool.

Hope that helps.
Cheers
Marco

Esben Oxholm

From the geometry view it looks like that the geometry are two parts already.
Could it be that the materials are linked?

Try right-click on the part you want another material on and select 'unlink material'.
After that you should be able to edit or add another material on that part independent of the rest of the model.

designgestalt

if the above mentioned methods do not bring the needed result, you can import your geometries step by step.
Meaning you first import the ring part separately, than the stones !
As all parts still refere to the same coordinate system from matrix, they will be imported in the right position (if you have the right settings in the import window of keyshot !)
cheers
designgestalt

ramizramo

I tryed but couldnt find any solution, still living the same problem:/

Thanks alot for your replies!

Ramo

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: ramizramo on November 21, 2017, 05:15:26 AM
I tryed but couldnt find any solution, still living the same problem:/

Thanks alot for your replies!

Ramo
Hi Ramo.

Too bad. Are you able to share your model with us?

ramizramo

Sure Esben, I am sorry for late answer I was in a business trip just came back to my computer back.

Thanks a lot for your attention!

Ramo

INNEO_MWo

Your layer structure can be imported right. You can apply the materials to the different parts in the scene tree. And you can select the gem stones top layer and unlink materials (RMB menue)

That works - tested it a few minutes ago.

Cheers
Marco

ramizramo

Thank you MWo, finially I solved with your help! If you have any question about Matrix always welcome for me!

Regards.

Ramo