Geometry Issue when Duplicating

Started by Robb63, November 21, 2017, 08:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robb63

I haven't seen this warning before, just wondering if anyone else had?
I was working with a model most of the morning, then duplicated it to set up a scene with multiple versions of it.

As soon as I copied it the critical error window opened and showed this message...
"Part "D Button" contains extremely large vertex coordinates (possibly geometry issues)"

I closed the window, deleted the duplicate, and rebuilt the part that KS said was an issue. Then I imported the whole model again with the new part telling KS to update the geometry. When I duplicate it, I get the same warning. This time I ignored it, duplicated it a few more times and sent my rendering to our Network Render farm. The scene rendered just as it should, but in the completed render list it shows that file with an orange check mark (while everything else has a green check mark).

I have actually been working with this exact model for a few days with no issues, but re-imported it first things this morning  after making changes to some other parts in the file (not the parts that KS says have the issue).

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Will Gibbons

I haven't. I wonder if re-tessellating in KS would help solve that.

Robb63

Hey Will,
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't work.
I ended up re-importing the exact same data into a new scene, and had no issues. I saved a material template from the old scene so it was fairly painless to create a new scene in this case.

Must have been an issue with the original import?
That's the first time I've experienced that in all of my years of using KS, weird!

Will Gibbons