Baking / Data Import from Cinema4D to Keyshot

Started by trappistmonk, December 04, 2017, 01:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trappistmonk

Hi guys !

I created a small animation on Cinema4D with a sphere and a deformer on it. I baked my animation and tried to export it as DFX but nothing happens when i load it in Keyshot. I also tried the point cache tag and tried to convert it into keyframes but did not work too.

I am a little bit upset because i did it with a cloner and MoGraph and it worked. I really don't understand where is the problem...

Been struggling for a while now so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you !

Esben Oxholm

Hi!
Have you tried exporting in the alembic format .abc?

To my knowledge it is the only one that is capable of importing deformation animations into KeyShot.

trappistmonk

Yes i tried it. It works with MoGraph tags (hard or soft bodies) but does not work with deformers... really weird ! thank you.

hstokholm

Can you share an alembic file that fails to load?

trappistmonk

I have not the scene with me but i have made a new one. If you need the C4D scene i can also include it...

INNEO_MWo

You can import the test.abc directly into KeyShot 7(.1.51) and use the option "deformable mesh" in the animation section of the import dialog.

trappistmonk

Quote from: MWo on December 05, 2017, 03:56:12 AM
You can import the test.abc directly into KeyShot 7(.1.51) and use the option "deformable mesh" in the animation section of the import dialog.

Yes it works perfectly on KEYSHOT 7 !  :D but not on KEYSHOT 6...

Thank you.

mattjgerard

Following this as I'm a C4D user as well, and from what I understand alembic support was introduced in KS7, so I don't think deformable mesh works in KS6 unfortunately.

INNEO_MWo

Quote from: trappistmonk on December 05, 2017, 06:37:03 AM
Quote from: MWo on December 05, 2017, 03:56:12 AM

Yes it works perfectly on KEYSHOT 7 !  :D but not on KEYSHOT 6...

Thank you.

So an update would be nice?!?

This animation looks gorgeous with motion blur on!

trappistmonk

Yes i am going to update !  :)
I used it like 30 mn and i can say that it is WAY faster than KS6 ! very impressive.

Nice render !