Flickering in animation

Started by dalejsmith, December 07, 2017, 07:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dalejsmith

Hello, I was using the interior render mode to do an animation and found severe flickering. Any ideas on how to fix it? Here is a a sample movie and the bip that made it.

Will Gibbons

What render mode are you using? Max Samples should help keep a consistent sample rate frame-to-frame and cut down on this.

dalejsmith

interior, when using any other mode it does not flicker. but with a more complex model I need the interior mode. That's why I ask. with the example bip, it should have been set to interior. Sorry if it didnt

dalejsmith

I just did a test and set the samples from 128 (which is what I used to render the first sample) to 1024. The flickering is better but still evident.  It does cost more in time. I will try to set it to 4096 next.

Will Gibbons

I think rendering at 4,096 samples is way overkill. There may be another issue going on here. In the end, it'll be faster to render without interior mode on.

dalejsmith

Ah, sorry, I didn't understand. I'm using max samples so that it completes the same amount of sample on each frame

dalejsmith

128 samples = 13 s per frame
1024 samples = 1:53 m per frame
4096 samples = 7:12 m per frame ( will post the result once its done tomorrow)

Will Gibbons

I rendered it out with:

- Interior Mode
- 128 samples
- MP4 encode

No flicker

I think it's the .avi you were encoding to

dalejsmith

Thanks, that worked great. Very strange artifact. I usually don't use the movie file export out of KS. But I was in need of a quick example. Thanks again.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: dalejsmith on December 07, 2017, 01:12:30 PM
Thanks, that worked great. Very strange artifact. I usually don't use the movie file export out of KS. But I was in need of a quick example. Thanks again.

I personally prefer to output frames, then dump them into Premiere Pro and chose my compression settings there.