Apply same rotation to different parts

Started by zooropa, December 04, 2017, 05:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

Hi I was wondering if I can apply on animation wizard to all different parts of my model.
I am making parts of my model rotate with the same principle. So I just need to apply one type of animation to all my parts.
The only problem is that they need to start to move with a 200 ms difference. I guess this i need to change manually.

I know I can copy paste an action, but I do not know how to assign it to a different part.

Thanks a lot!
Bruno

Esben Oxholm

Hi!

1. Create your first rotation, go to the scene tree, right click on the animation and select copy animation.
2. In the scene tree, select the parts you want to copy the animation to, right click > animation > paste animation or paste linked animation depending on whether you want to adjust length/duration etc. individually.

You have to adjust the offset manually.
Hope it helps.

INNEO_MWo

I would use the workflow Esben has posted with copy the animation and paste it unlinked to the different parts. Then you can change the animation start time in every line (animation bar).

Or you change the FPS to 5 (just type it in the box and hit Enter). Now can drag each animation line in one step 200 ms forward.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Marco

zooropa

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on December 04, 2017, 06:00:07 AM
Hi!

1. Create your first rotation, go to the scene tree, right click on the animation and select copy animation.
2. In the scene tree, select the parts you want to copy the animation to, right click > animation > paste animation or paste linked animation depending on whether you want to adjust length/duration etc. individually.

You have to adjust the offset manually.
Hope it helps.

Thanks a lot Esben, like always!!!!

zooropa

Quote from: MWo on December 04, 2017, 11:57:28 AM
I would use the workflow Esben has posted with copy the animation and paste it unlinked to the different parts. Then you can change the animation start time in every line (animation bar).

Or you change the FPS to 5 (just type it in the box and hit Enter). Now can drag each animation line in one step 200 ms forward.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Marco

Thanks Marco, I am following this method ;)

Öner

at the same time, you need to change the pivots for all different parts.

zooropa

Thanks both ! My kind of first animation. Lot to learn.
After getting crazy pasting and changing some things for each of the parts...I remembered Esben's tutorial regarding mirroring (scissors). I just mirrored one quarter (animated)...and bum...the animation already there in my symmetrical model.

It also helped A LOT to convert the model to block instances in Rhino....The FPS went up...crazy (nurbs mode off).

Ok I need to keep testing materials and light...

Just wanted to thank you, also Dries...genius.

Esben Oxholm

Pretty interesting result!
A lot of parts for your first animation.

Quote from: zooropa on December 11, 2017, 09:39:18 AM
After getting crazy pasting and changing some things for each of the parts...I remembered Esben's tutorial regarding mirroring (scissors). I just mirrored one quarter (animated)...and bum...the animation already there in my symmetrical model.

Ha, that is cool! Didn't know the trick worked for animations as well :)

zooropa

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on December 11, 2017, 01:01:45 PM
Pretty interesting result!
A lot of parts for your first animation.

Quote from: zooropa on December 11, 2017, 09:39:18 AM

Ha, that is cool! Didn't know the trick worked for animations as well :)

Thanks Esben!!!