Lighting scene for my first animation

Started by zooropa, December 15, 2017, 08:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooropa

HI guys. I am preparing my first animation (I did only 3 basic animations before toon material and no light).

I would like to ask you what do you think about these areas (darker). My ideas is to upload it in my web page.
I do not want to have something portraying a bad knowledge in lighting. I particularly do not find a problem, but I am not an expert in lighting. I was just wondering if my darker areas are 'downgrading' the scene.

Please find here the areas I am talking about:

I am also noticing a huge difference between the quality of what I see in KS and the quality after on the JPEG...

Mmm The Jpeg looks less crisper...the dots are less defined and everything a little bit more washed out.

Thanks !

Will Gibbons

It would require looking at your .ksp to learn more about how this scene is set up and therefore be able to speak to the lighting.

As far as image format, I'd recommend outputting a .png and not a .jpg. Jpg image format is compressed a bit and you lose some information in the process. You will likely have better image quality using .png.

zooropa

Thanks Will! Yes. The JPG was for the forum. I am still tweaking the animation...

If you want the scene I can send to you in private.

Let me know!!!