Hydraulic piston animation

Started by Arian Shamil, December 22, 2017, 04:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arian Shamil

Hi to everybody,
I've done another experiment for my technical animation.

I've tried to find a way to simulate an abstract/technical view for showing some kind of fluid/gas inside Keyshot

Thanks in advance for seeing it :)
Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgJqI5xKeVg

or

https://vimeo.com/248535464

Will Gibbons

Wow! This is impressive. Well-done. May I ask what program the particles were created in?

Arian Shamil

Thank you very much :)

All it's done in Keyshot...everything.....Imported a ball inside the 3d model, played with array functions and animated it syncronized with the shaft movement to create an "abstract" liquid/gaseffect...just for giving the idea of a gas/liquid inside the cylinder ;)

I was struggling to simulate a liquid inside KS without using other software...and I've created this workflow ;)  ..glad you liked it ;)

HaroldL

Quote from: Arian Shamil on December 27, 2017, 11:10:55 AM

All it's done in Keyshot...everything.....Imported a ball inside the 3d model, played with array functions and animated it to create an "abstract" effect...just for giving the idea of a gas/liquid inside the cylinder ;)

I was struggling to simulate a liquid inside KS without using other software...and I've created this workflow ;)

That is way cool, You'll have to do a tutorial on your work flow - or - maybe a webinar?

Will Gibbons

All it's done in Keyshot...everything.....Imported a ball inside the 3d model, played with array functions and animated it syncronized with the shaft movement to create an "abstract" liquid/gaseffect...just for giving the idea of a gas/liquid inside the cylinder ;)

I was struggling to simulate a liquid inside KS without using other software...and I've created this workflow ;)  ..glad you liked it ;)

What... seriously? That's impressive. I seriously didn't think it was done in KeyShot. Amazing.

Eric Summers

This is really incredible Arian! That's a clever way to simulate liquid. The material and motion of the spheres is great, it's almost hypnotic watching it! :D And very impressive that it was done in KeyShot.

Arian Shamil

Quote from: HaroldL on December 27, 2017, 11:15:00 AM

All it's done in Keyshot...everything.....Imported a ball inside the 3d model, played with array functions and animated it to create an "abstract" effect...just for giving the idea of a gas/liquid inside the cylinder ;)

I was struggling to simulate a liquid inside KS without using other software...and I've created this workflow ;)

That is way cool, You'll have to do a tutorial on your work flow - or - maybe a webinar?

Thanks a lot!
Yeah, I've to finish some projects before but I'll post something about that soon :) I'll post some screenshot ;)

Arian Shamil

Quote from: Will Gibbons on December 28, 2017, 07:02:36 AM

What... seriously? That's impressive. I seriously didn't think it was done in KeyShot. Amazing.

Thanks Will :)
I appreciate it :) and yes....only keyshot 7 about the 3d animation (and After Effect CS5 for the post production and infographics)

Arian Shamil

Quote from: Eric Summers on December 28, 2017, 10:46:52 AM
This is really incredible Arian! That's a clever way to simulate liquid. The material and motion of the spheres is great, it's almost hypnotic watching it! :D And very impressive that it was done in KeyShot.

Thanks a lot Eric :)
I'm glad you like it :) Yeah I searched a way to recreate a particle system working directly with KS animations tools...it is pretty basic and limited just to some kind of animation....but it worked for this one ;)
(just a quite long to render in some points....but i had fun to create it and I'll improve it on some future works that i'm working on ;)

Serge Ortmann

Wow! This clearly is an amazing Work!
May I ask you how long the process of rendering did take you?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany

Serge O.

DMerz III

WWHAAAAAT, that's crazy good. Well done!

BasTel

Arian Shamil

Quote from: Serge Ortmann on January 17, 2018, 02:31:38 AM
Wow! This clearly is an amazing Work!
May I ask you how long the process of rendering did take you?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany

Serge O.

Hi,
First of all, Thanks a lot about your kind words :)

To answer to your question...I work on a Xeon 2695 V3 based machine (14 cores / 28 with ht) and to rendered it i needed a lot of time!
It needed to me something like 25/30 hours of time for rendering all the sequences (25fps @ 1080p), then some other times for the compositing/infographics/postproduction. ;)

Arian Shamil

Arian Shamil