Creating a bubble glass??

Started by sburkhead, January 02, 2018, 10:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sburkhead

Hi Guys,

Any thoughts on how to recreate this bubble glass look? I have attached my scene, but only have a slight texture applied to my glass.

Thanks
Scott

Will Gibbons

I've done this using a spots procedural texture applied to the glass. Make the falloff =1 to make the spots look round like bubbles.

NM-92

Hey man, does this help ? I've modeled and cut the sphere with that curvy shape. It has 3mm thickness and i applied a slight noise procedural texture to the inner side of the glass, to make it distort the background a bit while keeping the outside surface with a polished look. You can adjust the bump intensity to accentuate the distortion effect. Fillets will make the different materials separation look nice and you'll actually need a backplate to make this more visible. Let me know if you have any doubts.

DMerz III

That looks great Nico, nice execution. I think you solved it.

sburkhead

perfection nico. that looks great. could you attach the file? thanks

sburkhead

nico i also found a way to create the bubbles inside. Sphere inside with a bubble normal map applied and a light source inside as well. take a look. your model is way better than mine though. really great. 

NM-92

Hello, thanks ! Unfortunately i delete these quick tests as soon as i make them, but it shouldn't be so hard to replicate it if you follow the steps. You can actually use that normal map you found and use that instead of the noise texture i used. Let me know if you get stuck at any point.