Fade in the middle of animation problem

Started by Arian Shamil, January 03, 2018, 11:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arian Shamil

Hi,
I've already watched this thread...but it doesn't worked to me... https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=12790.msg70496#msg70496

My problem is that I've an object that must be hide untile sec 3 and then start to fade just from second number 3.....

If i apply, at the beginning, a 0-0 fade from sec 0 to sec 3...the secondary fading, from sec 3 to sec 5 (fade 0-100) doesn't work....
It work only if i remove the fade 0-0 before its....with the result that the object is visible....

And the problem is that I've to combine 21 objects fading.....sequential fading so I can't render separate animations....

theAVator

On your initial fade to hide the object, try a 100-0 fade instead of the 0-0 fade. See if that produces the correct result.

if it works, worst case you may have to bump your times a lil to compensate. When I'm doing something like this, I always start with everything visible, run a 100-0 hide on everything and then I just ditch the first frames where this happens on the post prod. side of things.

mattjgerard

Yep, this is what has to happen sometimes as well. While its not what you'd expect and want, its a workaround that gets you moving.

Then head over to the bigs/wish list thread and leave a comment about it there. The mods and developers are remarkably responsive to this sort of thing. Dries and Will are always looking at those and might have a solution as well.

Arian Shamil

Thank you guys!
To both of you...
I'll try to find a solution...
;)