still could not find a good diamond material like the photo

Started by ramizramo, January 08, 2018, 01:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriesV

Hi Frody,

Firstly, an Abbe number of 5 is very low. I don't know any material that has such a low Abbe number. A value between 20 and 30 is the lowest I know for glasses and plastics.

Secondly, which real-world references are you using for evaluating diamonds? Do you have actual physical diamonds to compare with?
It appears that many real and high-grade diamonds look quite muddy as well under normal lighting conditions.

Attached is an image of the priceless Koh-i-Noor diamond, one of the largest diamonds in the world.
You could easily achieve this in KeyShot.

Dries

DriesV

If you really want high dispersion from your gemstones, then the lighting is very important.
You will want to use a high contrast HDRI, with multiple small light sources, without any color. Blurring the HDRI (in order to create a falloff for the light sources) will help as well.

Dries

Frody

@KeyShot
Thanks for your detailed reply.
What you said is probably correct, but this long way.
Can you create additional diamond material? Conditionally, we call it "fake diamond".
Let in this deceitful material there will be such characteristics:

Any environment map that contains yellow, brown or other colored sources. For the dispersion of this material will be converted into a monochrome black-and-white map. Let this material does not catch RGB from the HDR map.
Then we will exclude the appearance of dirt. We will only have pure spectrum colors.

Reflections from objects and from the outside world, let them be ordinary as they are now
Otherwise our diamond will not be realistic

Let in this material there will be an additional option that would allow to regulate the power of the spectrum.( hue and saturation)
not excluding abbe number

Let in this material there will be an additional option, to strengthen or muffle the colors separately.
Separately blue, separately green, separately red and yellow.

This will solve the problem that the topic starter said.
He needs the colors of the spectrum in the blue range and a little green

Maybe it's worth thinking about the additional possibility of lighting an individual HDR for this material.
Let the environment settings be available.
Contrast, brightness, size, height.

Sometimes have to do two renderings for a single product.
Separately, render and customize the metal and separately already another diamond another HDR
Then combine the two renderings in Photoshop

Maybe this material will give impetus to the development of new materials with more advanced settings.

If you can implement these simple options.
Then Keyshot will not be equal in the market.
You are will find yourself beyond competition.
To visualize diamonds accurately.

Frody

Hi Dries.
For a long time I worked at a jewelry factory
I worked with Yakut diamonds weighing up to 17 carats and I know what I'm talking about.
Yakut diamonds of the highest quality and color and lack of inclusions. Characteristics 1 1 is the highest quality. Transparent Without dregs.
In sunlight, it shimmers with all the colors of the rainbow. That's very beautiful. As if you have a multicolored flashlight in your hand

ramizramo

KeyShot and Dries, Frody is right; We belive that keyshot can take this quality render, just waiting exactly result from you as material. If you check matrix gem materials they all perfect!

We are waiting you from the same material for haveing same quality! I hope more than Matrix maybe!

KeyShot

Frody,

We will consider your suggestions. I can see that an artistic approach could simplify the process when you are trying to achieve a specific look.

Frody

Thank you.
I will hope that you will succeed.
And probably the new material will be called GemArt :)

ramizramo

if you create a new material from the graph, we would like you to download this recently refurbished material here.

ramizramo

I still coulndt understand, experts and modarator say that you can take this render . I am saying that please take for us and upload in here as ksp file. We need just matierial and hdr for that. If is possible please show us.
If not say us please, sorry its not possible and we stoped to spend our time ....

ramizramo

If I were the owner of the keyshot, I would have kicked out the entire management team.
no one helps
What a pity

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: ramizramo on January 12, 2018, 12:47:56 AM
If I were the owner of the keyshot, I would have kicked out the entire management team.
no one helps
What a pity
Lol. Way to appreciate the time people are using trying to help you. I was about to look into possible ways to achieve this specific look that you are after, but now not so much. Based on your reply here, I feel that if the result isn't giving you an exact ready-to-go solution, you'll see it as unhelpful. This attitude will get you no where on this forum.

Cheers,

ramizramo

esben
KeyShot needs to provide us with a service
Instead of offering me the solution directly
they would say
and the recommendations they give do not work
we want the result

mattjgerard

Quote from: ramizramo on January 12, 2018, 06:03:43 AM
esben
KeyShot needs to provide us with a service
Instead of offering me the solution directly
they would say
and the recommendations they give do not work
we want the result

And the result that you want is a result of the work that you put into it. There is no turn-key one button solution to your challenge. If they have the answer to your problem, then they say it. The Keyshot team has never held back solutions for any reason, they go out of their way to help their clients achieve what they need. I've seen it happen dozens of times. Throughout this whole thing your attitude has been combative, accusatory and downright disrespectful. Its been embarrassing to watch, frankly. I applaud Dries and the rest of the team who have actually been trying to explain and help.  Since you aren't getting the answers you want, instead of just understanding that the software may not be giving you exactly what you desire maybe you can be looking for a software that will.

I also know that my renders are rarely done 100% in keyshot. I'm certainly no expert in this area, and I'm not sure if this is the answer, but Any other image you see out there from a 3D program used in marketing and advertising has not come clean out of the rendering package and onto a brochure, billboard or website. They all get massaged in photoshop. Might that be an option for you? I've learned a ton about color manipulation in PS from my time on this forum.

Anyway, good luck to you, I sincerely hope that you find the answers you are looking for, but I will be following Esben out the door.

mattjgerard

Quote from: ramizramo on January 10, 2018, 09:44:10 AM
I still coulndt understand, experts and modarator say that you can take this render . I am saying that please take for us and upload in here as ksp file. We need just matierial and hdr for that. If is possible please show us.
If not say us please, sorry its not possible and we stoped to spend our time ....

And that large diamond looks fake as hell, to be honest. really  subtracts from the look of the rest of the piece in the wider pictures. the straight on closup looks like it was done in illustrator.