Pause network render job?

Started by mattjgerard, January 08, 2018, 12:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

So, I must just be missing something, is there a way to pause a network render job without deleteing it? I sent over 21 images, and realized I might have made an error in the render settings I wanted to pause the 20 idle jobs and just look at the 1 that finished and then decide wheather to bail out and redo it or let it run. The only option I saw was to right click delete the jobs.

Is there a way to pause certain jobs? I am on the latest version of NR on the master/slave and the queues.

Robb63

Should be able to right click the job and pause it in the queue monitor. I just did that this weekend to change one job to urgent and let the others sit while it finished.

mattjgerard

Yeah, thats the odd part, all I get is the option to delete. There isn't even an option to pause thats greyed out, its not even there.

Morten Kristensen

Hi mattjgerard,

Which version of NR are you running? Jobs can be paused in 7.1 but not currently in 7.2.
So for 7.1+ you will have to delete your jobs and submit them again. The feature is in our tracker for possible future features, though.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
/Morten

mattjgerard

That would explain it, I am on 7.2 for all my queues and the master NR node. Dang, bummer that was dropped for 7.2,  count me in for putting it back in!

Any way to use 7.1 queue with 7.2 NR? I know there are other improvements in 7.2 that I'd want to keep, but I like being able to pause my co-workers' render and listen for the cuss words coming down the hall at me :)

Morten Kristensen

The feature has a high priority due to customer feedback, like yourself.

7.1 is incompatible with 7.2, unfortunately. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
We might add a pausing privilege to user management so that only admins and those with that privilege can pause jobs.  ;)

DMerz III

+1 on this feature, also, ability to download current state of a job.

I've got a render that is stalling out on the last 2 regions after 12 hours of rendering. I'd like to just download what regions are there and patch the last two regions in afterwards. Currently the option to download is greyed out.

Thanks! Looking forward to these features