Why all my label is gone

Started by corny, September 18, 2017, 02:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corny

Hi..i am new... anyone can help me. after import object from zbrush to keyshot, i make some labels. After i restart my zbrush, i did some edit on the object and send the object to keyshot. But how come all the label are gone. If i did not of log out zbrush, it will update with no problem .

zbrush to keyshot(make lable and texture) = ok
Zbrush(restart) to keyshot (all texture and label gone)

what if i need to do any modify on the model itself...where can i go to look for the model??

need help..thank you

do keyshot got any tutorial on the workflow??thank

corny

guest84672

Please contact Pixologic for this who have developed the Bridge, and are experts when it comes to the integration with KeyShot.

CopperSoffit

The reason this happens is not a great excuse, but it seems to be the way the bridge works.
If you save your material with the labels to your Keyshot Material Library, you can reapply that material to the ZBrush object, while holding ALT to retain the ZBrush textures. I've had mixed success with it both retaining the ZBrush textures AND the original Keyshot labels, but it should work.

Each time you make an update in Zbrush, it sends the object with the TEXTURE to Keyshot. Since the labels are applied in Keyshot, the materials do not "merge". A new material and texture comes in. You can verify this by looking at your Keyshot material on the object from ZBrush. It always comes into Keyshot in a folder named ZBrush. If you look at the materials, each object from ZBrush has a material named ZMat_ZBrush_...
That ZMat_ZBrush material is not the material that you applied labels to. Each time you make a change in ZBrush and hit render, it updates the object and texture, but doesn't retain the Keyshot Material.
If there is a way to fix this in settings without redoing work, I haven't found it yet.