Its Hip To Be A Square

Started by Andyshaw, June 18, 2011, 03:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andyshaw

I have been playing around with designing accessories for the iPad,
Myself and fellow designer are close to bringing our first accessory to market, A new stylus for iPad 2.
In the meantime I have been looking at trending technology to create a new product in that area.
Here are a few screen shots of the Square Card Reader I modelled in solid works, Which could be the in the area of the next product we design.
Have any of you guys used the Square? Myself being located in Ireland, I haven't got my hands on one yet.

What do you think of my renders? They are ScreenShots, the lighting on my final renders seem to be blown out quite a lot.
Any tips?

guest84672

Tiho Ramovic

PhilippeV8

A card reader with a jack ?  I must've missed something ... ... which is quite possible, not being an iPad, iPod, iWhatever owner ...

Andyshaw

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on June 19, 2011, 11:49:10 AM
A card reader with a jack ?  I must've missed something ... ... which is quite possible, not being an iPad, iPod, iWhatever owner ...

Please don't be under the impression that this is my design. The card reader has been about for a while now. Look Here https://squareup.com/
I am only looking into the area of additional products within this field of products. 

Richman

Nice.  I really like the background is it a plate? What post processing did you do?  I would fix the faceting in the model.

Andyshaw

Quote from: Richman on June 22, 2011, 12:54:41 AM
Nice.  I really like the background is it a plate? What post processing did you do?  I would fix the faceting in the model.

Hey, I done no post work, just a real-time snapshot, with slight vignetting, Yes I used a back plate.
I will try and fix up the edges of my model when importing/exporting.
Thanks for the feedback.