Jewelry with organic props

Started by Ed, August 31, 2010, 02:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

I wanted to experiment with adding organic props to jewelry renders. This is a bit surreal as the scale of the items don't match. It's a look I've seen in advertising and I wanted to try it.

Modeled in MoI.

Ed

Brian Townsend

Hi Ed,

I'm not sure if you still have this scene available or not, but if so, you might try changing the material type on the leaves over to 'translucent'.  It can certainly improve the realism of the leaves.  I've attached a quick example of what can be done with the translucent.  If you have any questions on material settings, just ask!

Brian

Ed

Thanks Brian - your image with the gecko certainly illustrates how well the translucent material works.

My render was created in the last KS version so I took your recommendation and modified the leaf material.  Not as dramatic as your example, but the leaves no longer look plastic, their edges have taken on a new subtle color and they no longer have that sharp edge.

I also changed the shadow color to a lighter shade to make it less harsh, added a touch of vignette and bloom, and adjusted DOF to make the bottom-rear of the bamboo a little out of focus.

Perhaps in a future release you can expand the library to include more organic materials :)

Ed

Brian Townsend

Hi Ed,

Definite improvement there.  For a more dramatic effect you would probably need an environment that has an intense light source that you could position behind the leaves. You might try the 'Alaskan forest' from our downloads section (see link below). 

Also, when you have textures applied to translucent materials you may want to set the diffuse color on the material to white to get the original color of that texture.  With the translucent, the diffuse color is multiplied on top of the texture.  So, if you wanted to alter the color of the leaves in KeyShot, you could try applying different colors to the diffuse color.

Organic materials is something we can definitely look into. ;)

http://www.keyshot.com/downloads/contents.html

Brian

stef

hy guys there is any that can explain me how to render with a sketch effects material? i use usually sketch and toon from C4d but since i test the possibility of KS im asking without use 2 render engine...can someone help?
upload a material that "fake" sketching or pantones hand drawings?
thankstef