Adobe Fuse into Keyshot?

Started by boatdesigner, January 18, 2018, 06:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boatdesigner

I am a boat designer for a large American boat manufacturer. I render a bunch of our boats for our marketing and sales team. The downside is that they are empty (no people). I came across Adobe Fuse in CC the other day. It allows me to create human models. Has anyone been able to use the models it creates in a Keyshot scene somehow?

Will Gibbons

Quote from: boatdesigner on January 18, 2018, 06:12:20 AM
I am a boat designer for a large American boat manufacturer. I render a bunch of our boats for our marketing and sales team. The downside is that they are empty (no people). I came across Adobe Fuse in CC the other day. It allows me to create human models. Has anyone been able to use the models it creates in a Keyshot scene somehow?

It looks like Adobe Fuse allows for export of .obj files. Those can be imported into KeyShot no problem. It also looks like you can upload Adobe Fuse model to Mixamo and then download a .fbx as well, which will import into KeyShot. You may need to look deeper to find a way to export the geometry with UV coordinates in order to get your textures in KeyShot to map correctly on your people models. I'm just going by what I can infer from the website.

Good luck!